Reading time: 5 – 8 minutes
With only a few days before this software review blog’s first anniversary which will be on the 8th of February, a representative of PowerPivot for Excel, the new add-on for Microsoft Excel 2010, approached me to host PowerPivot’s Excelerator Quiz giveaway on this site as part of their promotional campaign since they’ve launched this fun quiz called “Are you an Excelerator?” in conjunction with the recent release of PowerPivot and Excel 2010 beta.
This comes in great timing with this site’s upcoming anniversary so I accepted their proposal without any form of compensation since it’s a win-win opportunity as well so as a result, one lucky reader of this blog will be rewarded a Dell ST2310 23-inch flat monitor and a wireless keyboard and mouse valued over US$250 courtesy of PowerPivot for Excel.
Here’s how to join:
For Twitter Users
1. Take the Powerpivot for Excel’s Excelerator Quiz at www.exceleratorsquiz.com. Share your results on Twitter and copy the status URL and paste it here as a comment.
How to copy status URL on Twitter:
Copy what’s on the address bar on your browser similar to the one below:
http://twitter.com/SoftwareCritics/status/8446612519 and include it with your comment. See below example.
For Facebook users
You must have taken the quiz at www.exceleratorsquiz.com. Share your results on your Facebook profile from the results screen and Share this post on Facebook using the share button below and make sure that you’re a fan of SoftwareCritics and Powerpivot as this will validate your entry.
Participating via Twitter and Facebook count as two separate entry which means if you did both, you get two valid entries automatically.
If you have a personal website or blog and is a US resident and have mentioned this giveaway on a separate post, you’ll get an automatic two entry points. Bloggers not in the US however, will get a “do follow” link if you mention this post.
So, if you will do all of the above, you’ll earn a maximum total of four (4) entries and a bigger chance of winning. See sample entry below.
Simple contest rules:
1. Only valid entries (completed and received on or by the closing date, 13th February 2010 at 11:59pm PST) are eligible for drawing. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Only US residents are qualified to win the prize due to sponsor’s shipping requirements.
2. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
3. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, publication on this site and distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which the sponsor PowerPivot for Excel team and Software Critics, may deem appropriate.
4. In accepting the prize, the winner, acknowledges that Software Critics may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize. The principal sponsor will be the one to ship the prize.
5. Software Critics reserves the right to change the contest rules at anytime during its duration without prior notice. Software Critics decision is final and irrevocable after its announcement of the winner on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2010 on this site.
On the sideline, take the Alpha Geek Challenge!
The PowerPivot Team invites you to put yourself to the test and prove if you’re the Excel Geek extraordinaire they were looking for as Donald Farmer issues Business Intelligence challenges for you to solve using the new add-on PowerPivot for Excel.
Three finalists will receive a $250 Microsoft Store shopping spree, and one lucky Grand Prize winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2010 Microsoft BI Conference in New Orleans, LA from June 7-10th 2010. Click here for more details.
Questions about the PowerPivot Excelerators Quiz by Microsoft giveaway are encouraged in the comments section.
Update 14 February 2010:
The giveaway has officially ended.
Congratulations to Keith Bloemendaal for winning himself a Dell ST2310 23-inch flat monitor and a wireless keyboard and mouse valued over US$250 courtesy of PowerPivot for Excel!
Thank you all for joining!
If you want to get a Free VPN account visit ibVPN Giveaway.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Anonymous | February 2, 2010
- Contest: Win a Dell ST2310 23-inch Flat Monitor | Hot Blog Tips | February 6, 2010
- Dell 23inch Monitor Review | Hot Blog Tips | March 21, 2010
- Join Software Critics’ $2,000 Cloud File Sharing and Video Training Giveaways | June 25, 2010
- Software Critics Turns One: Blogging Milestones | Software Critics | September 18, 2014